From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Sep 2005 20:21:38 -0400
Hi everyone,

Marilyn here, and I have a new Hospice little girl, a beautiful brown
sable with silver hair around her face.  She is having a few problems,
stress related to the move, new home, and my wild bunch.  I put her
next to my albino ferret Charity, who was almost doing handstands to get
little Reilly Marie's attention.  She was so tired, she just went to
sleep, so glad to be stable.  She had been moved around for two days.

I have to ask, does anyone else have the problems I have, or am I the
only one that goes from pickle to pickle?  The first night, I sat up with
her and listened to her breath, watched her sleep, made sure she pooped
and peed, even though it was loose, and that is how I know she didn't
eat.  She had gas, the next day, and only ate a little bit.  The second
night, Reilly Marie was here, she was really loose, but she ate for the
first time in two days, except for the ferretone.  We were snuggling and
she was comfy, and because she was so loose, I didn't want to take her to
bed with me.  I decided to rearrange my bedroom, and bring her in for the
night until she got used to us.  I was going to clean the bedroom, but I
scrapped that idea.  The weather man said a CHANCE of showers, so I moved
the desk over to the bedside, put the cage on it and half on the bed.
That way I would feel her shake the bed if she started thrashing around.
I didn't expect her to, but I wanted to be ready.  If we get though this,
she will be fine, and I'll be a wreck.

It was late, everyone was asleep, the three dogs somewhere in the house,
on guard duty and everyone in their cages with Reilly Marie and me in the
big bed in the Master Bedroom.  Then it rained, in fact it poured, and
the lightening flashed.  BUT when the thunder clapped on top of the
house, the three dogs were in the bed in three seconds flat.  My bed
began to vibrate.  The Malamute, the German Shepherd, and the Border
Collie have a combined weight of around 275 pounds, and they were all
shaking and not in unison.  Poor Reilly Marie thought it was the end.
I don't think she ever slept in a vibrating bed before.  One thing for
sure, a vibrating bed is a wild ride.  I told a friend about my vibrating
bed and she said you can buy beds like that.  But at my house, batteries
are not required.

We made it through the night, I have boiled water for her and let it
cool, she took a big drink, we wouldn't want to run out, I'm confident
I can pull her through, and she will be fine.  After I made my coffee,
I got to thinking, you all have ferrets, and multi fur kids, am I the
only one with a glass half full, or does everyone have this much fun?

Marilyn