From:
DOOK-WOOF-DOOK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 11:38:01 -0400
So many times we have to give our ferrets or animals pills.  Due to their
smaller size, they must be cut.  Simply use a dog nail trimmer to achieve
this.  It works really well for cutting pills.  You can half them or cut
them into fourths.  I got the nail clippers which have the stop on the
one side.  This works well for cutting them into 4 pieces!  Cat nail
clippers are too small and don't work as well.

Giving Pills: Simply place an empty syringe in the ferrets mouth from
side to side.  The ferret should bite on the syringe leaving a gap right
above the syringe.  Do this while scruffing your ferret.  Then simply
toss in the pill right above the syringe, pull the syringe out and give
ferrettone or ferretvite immediately as the pill drops into the back of
the throat.  This really works well if you have to give pills alone
without help.  Some ferrets are harder and it does take practice, but
for the most part is it a pretty successful way of giving them.  If you
need step by step photos, just email me.  I will have my kids take
photos as I do it.

Marguerite
From TinyPrints Ferret Rescue who has
35 Wonderful ferrets for adoption or sponsorship!

Life is not how many breaths you take, but
how many times it takes your breath away...
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Store
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/onlinestore.htm
Aloha Ferrets Ebay Store