From:
Dee gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:32:26 -0700
I can't believe what I'm seeing on the USDA Public Comment site.  I just
checked and there are only 102 public comments.  It's been a month and
there are only 102 comments.

You people came unglued over Ben Stiller, Buckbeak (Harry Potter) and
God knows what other "(in)significant ferret-related offenses" that have
occurred.  But not this????  I don't understand.

This is the biggest thing to hit our community since the rabies/10-day
quarantine issue.  We made our voices heard to make a difference then
to make a major change in public policy and we achieved that major goal.
We desperately need to get on the bandwagon again.

I was extremely pleased and impressed to see Comment submitted by Elise
M. Matthes, President, Sarasota in Defense of Animals.

It's not hard, people.  Write from your heart like you've done in the
past.  Snuggle your own ferret, watch them sleeping peacefully knowing
they are safe and secure in your care.  Then think of the kits that have
sacrificed their lives because of competition in the pet industry.

If you don't voice your opinion, the pet industry wins.  Please, PLEASE,
you can make a difference.  You've done it before.  Do it again.

Dee Gage
owner/operator, West Michigan Ferret Connection
co-founder, Midwest Ferret Fellowship
member, State of Michigan Dept of Agriculture Companion Animal Advisory
Committee