From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 23:54:58 -0400
Hi friends!

It's me your favoritey chocolate spotted DEW ferret!  Here at FerretWise
Sumpin's ALWAYS Happenin!

Now we got lots of ferrets in lately Several of them are older kids...
There was a group of 4 that got turned back in... 2 older kids one which
came from here 4.5 years ago , the older orginal ferret kid and two
younger ones which came from a Petco -- and all 4 were not getting the
care they were 'sposed to.  You see the original kid came to adopt with
his parents, now he is 21 years old , out working and the Dad which is
away for days at a time - well he kept finding the ferts w/o water or
food.

In the end it seems they were buying the youngest ones and tossing em in
the cage hoping to make the older ones happier?  So he called the Mom
here and -- in they came.  Now Mom of course felt sad they had to come
back.  The older kids never get adopted and one of the 2 , Not our kid,
was suspect for illness.  He would get sick once in a while etc. and
was crabby to the other ferrets.  Mom sent him over to aunt Judy's (St
Gregory's hospice in Manchester) so she could watch him closer.  He,
Sandro is a great tiny boy for 6.5 years-- but there was all this
screaming every time a nudder ferret was near.  He and the other new kid
got their medic al check ups last week - and Dr George took blood on
Sandro cuz he flt a lumpy in his gut.  Now things are looking like he has
a mass to remove-- or hopefully just a piece of something he should' na
eaten or MAYBE a big hairball?  The blood work didn't show anything so on
Monday as you are reading this - Sandro gets a zipper.  Mom & Aunt Judy
would like some special prayers for him!

Then of course we gots the old Gal Reilly Marie and her 2 brothers all
former shelter kids back in -- luckily for the brothers they are settling
in to a new adopted home in Maine, while Reilly tries to get settled at
LeDoux hospice.  She has lots of obstacles to overcome as an adrenal kid
on Melatonin, and insulinoma and a renal patient( she was real sick
several months before she arrived).  Mom Marilyn is working hard to give
her quality time and help her get over the transition stress all old kids
seem to get.

SO to help keep Reilly Marie in Amoxy, carafate, melatoinin etc and to
help with Sandro's surgery costs Mom wants everyone to know the shelter
web store has been updated & refreshed - please check it out at :
www.ferretwise.org/funalia.html.  We even have Totally Ferret Treats
( they aren't there yet) at $1.85 per pkg / plus shipping ( limit 3 pkgs
per purchase) in case you are really hungry!

AND for the September Raffle- it is almost time to pick the winners-
tickets MUST be paid for before NOON Sept 30th-- who will win the great
Kat Parsons afghan?

Who will win the COllectible patches & symposium print?  Who will win the
pottery ferret?

Who will win the print & notecards?

Who will win the bootiful blue mug set?

Well you c an see it all at:
http://www.geocities.com/ferretlover97/sh-FerretWise-Raffle.html
and don't be late!

AND  there are some neato things at eBay this week:
Mom says if we get enough to cover the vet bills-- then we can get some
oil for the winter!!  AND I LIKE it cozy when it snows!  ( yesirree
nothing better than snugglin' in a cozy sack chewing on foamy fries
while the old wind howls!)

X-Large top sleeper     ends sept 28
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7709719296

Bright bats sleeper set    ends Sept 28
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7714501138

XL Hearts & Love top sleeper
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7710005848

Harness & Lead set plus TREATS!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7704941748

Plush Horse
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6001982492

Shelter Mom will also be posting some new items in the morning- Aunty
Diane sent them up from Ferret Guardian Rescue to help us kids here...
so please keep checking back.

I knows Mom has been working hard caring for us - and keeping things
straight- and they had a big meeting on Saturday and she had to check on
poor lil Sandro who is having surgery today... so Mom is running just a
tad behind on shelter chore stuff.  But we love her anyway!  Everyone
should have the new newsletter-- with the tiny boy on the front -- if
you did not get yours email my mom!

Thanks for reading my post-- it is a BIG job for a fur kid keeping things
up to snuff ya know!

Your friend Jerimiah, mascot
www.ferretwise.org