From:
Ashley MacGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:47:16 EDT
There has been much controversy lately over which foods to feed your
ferret...as in what brand, etc.  I heard that Marshall food was bad for
ferrets, but I also heard it was the best.  I would really like to know
which brand of food is the best for ferrets... I have ten ferrets and I
switch there food once in awhile from marshall, to bonanza, to kitty
chow.  I have yet to have any problems with them (vet said he was amazed
that with ten ferrets, not one had any health issues).  I would just like
to know what food is the best for them, and if switching their diet
around is ok, or if it will cause health issues later on.  Another
problem I am having is my tenth ferret who is the youngest and largest
out of all ten, seems to have issues with domination and the other night
he was pulling the other ferrets around by the scruff.  He grabbed one so
hard that he broke skin and poor mickey was bleeding for awhile.  Does
anyone have any ideas about what to do about this?  Any advice would be
greatly appreciated.  Also, one of my female ferrets is a partially deaf
blaze and I can only assume she was treated poorly before I got her.  She
does not respond well to human contact- fear tremors, nips, etc.(may also
be a result of flciking her nose, before we knew it was a bad way to
solve her behavior<loud screeching and biting the other ferrets>, and
before we knew she was deaf) She was only really close to one of her
sisters, BoBo.  She did everything with her and only her.  We lost BoBo
do to an unfortunate accident, and Lily was very understandably upset and
depressed.  The weird thing is that BoBo's fur was almost all grayish
white and Lily was your typical blaze, mostly dark with a lot of white on
her head.  After Lily seemed to be feeling better after BoBos death, she
all of a sudden turned the same color BoBo was.  Is this normal for blaze
ferrets?

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them?  Please email me at
[log in to unmask] with any suggestions/comments.  Sorry for the super
long post!!!!

-Ashley and the fearsome tensome
Mickey, Lily, Molly, Jamie, Smokey White Paws, Charlie Chew, Casey Jones,
Missy, Bandit, and Bear
rainbow bridge~ BoBo, Whitey and Missy #1