From:
DOOK-WOOF-DOOK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 08:34:11 -0400
I urge those of you who have web pages, please add a link to your site to
help North Shore raise money and supplies for the animals in this area.

Here is the web site address:
http://www.nsalamerica.org/

They seem to be one of the major groups helping the animals in that area.
Also Petfinder is now coordinating efforts also.......so check out their
web pages.  We have a link from our Petfinder web page to the North Shore
Animal Rescue group, and I also urge others to do the same.  Petfinder
gets so many hits for us, so we figure it would be a great place to post.

As a shelter myself, I am very limited as to what I can do personally or
financially.  I have over $3400 in medical bills right now (vet and ADV
testing) and we just don't have anymore money to spare.  I have 4 ferrets
who need surgery, but must wait until I get my bills to under $2000.00.
Oil and gas prices have eaten up all of our personal savings and we are
struggling to keep our head above water here also.  But I do have some
used bedding that a friend of mine donated to me.  I was going to sell
it to raise money for my shelter, but I would be willing to donate it to
the cause.  I just need to know where to send it.  You can email me at:

As far as the comments yesterday about people have "Time to get out or
fair warning", my goodness, some of these people don't have two cents to
rub together.  They are the poorest of the poor.  They don't have cars to
"get out", and like others said, they stayed with their animals.  Some
did not have any place to go or even gas or money to get there.  I really
don't think it is fair to say they should have gotten out because they
had warning.  That was a very sad comment.  I hope none of you are ever
in that situation yourselves.

One bright note, we saw on TV here in Pa.  a wonderful heartfelt Ferret
Story out of the deep south.  There was a man who had moved out of his
nice home, so it was available.  He decided to allow one family to move
into it and went to the Astrodome in Texas to find a family.  Now there
was a family who was in the Superdome then transported to the Astrodome.
This family was a family of 9 with a carrier.  The carrier contained a
FERRET!  They were not allowed to take the ferret into the Astrodome and
when the man with the house saw this, he picked them as the family to
live in his old house.  Really sweet and wonderful story.

And one more note on the Showing-Companion ferrets are not there winning
because of good breeding practices.  They come from Ferret Farms.  It is
the luck of the draw there and how well you are at judging a good ferret
you pick out from the petstore or rescue.  It has nothing to do with good
breeding.  Marshalls and Path Valley breed for profits only.  They don't
care their ferrets get first in the companion class.  Now that is a whole
different story with regards to the Breeders/Adolescent and Late Alter
rings.  But if I came to a show and the same person was winning
constantly, why would I continue to want to show?  To put out money in a
class you stand no chance at winning is pointless especially now a days
when money is so tight.  People are scaling back big time on show entries
just so they can attend the shows.  Me included.  That does not help the
shelters at all who are running the shows or the AFA.

At the Ms. America pageants, the girl who won last year does not keep
trying to win the following years.  You step aside, especially when you
have won it all (meaning Ferret of the Year).  It has nothing to do
with allowing less qualified ferrets to win.  Your Chevy (AFA president
Penny's Ferret who won Ferret of the Year last year) only placed in one
ring this time around, does that mean he is being less well-maintained?
Alot has to do with natural changes in a ferret's body.  The coat
changes, the muscle changes, behavior, etc and of course judges
impressions that day.  At this last show, everyone was getting red gums
on their comment cards in the companion class.  Now tell me, why is
that?  One judge was seeing red that day for some reason.  Frankly I
would rather have my ferret's gums on the pinkish red side then white.

And talking about other subjects while keep the Hurricane victims in the
back of our mind is refreshing..........Thanks for tolerating the other
subjects everyone!

Marguerite from TinyPrints Ferret Rescue
35 Wonderful Souls who need adoption or sponsorship
PA shelters are full.............Adopt today!

Life is not how many breaths you take, but
how many times it takes your breath away...
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Store
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/onlinestore.htm
Aloha Ferrets Ebay Store