From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 00:45:33 -0700
Hello --

I have missed a couple of issues.

If you had trouble submitting comments (as I did at first), did my
procedure help?

Also, did any of you have success with my idea of asking friends to
submit comments?

 - - -
Here's the procedure again, in case someone wants to use it.  It
shouldn't take more than a few minutes to do.

Also, at the end is the paragraph I used when sending the procedure
to non-FML friends.

1. Go to this link:
   <http://docket.epa.gov/edkfed/do/EDKStaffCollectionDetailView?
objectId=0b0007d4809252bb>

2. You should now be at the page of existing comments for docket
   04-088-1. ( If you want to read an existing comment, click the
   blue number at the far left. For example, APHIS-2005-0063-0002.)

  To make your own comment, begin by clicking the
  Submit Comment "button."

3. You should now be at the User Agreement page.

   At the bottom of the page (scroll to the end of it), click the I
   Agree button.

3. You should now be at the Submit Comment page.

   a.  In the Subject/Title box, type something like
       "Ferret welfare."

   b.  In the Comments box, type something like
       "The current ferret-welfare standards need updating to ensure
        the health and safety of ferrets as they are raised for sale
        and shipped."

That one sentence is all that is needed!  (Of course, add more if you
like.)

- - - - -
Here is the introduction I used for the procedure:

The USDA/APHIS has put out a call for comments on ferret-welfare
standards. It is a pretty serious situation -- since ferrets have
become so popular, farms are shipping them younger and younger, often
before they should even be weaned and also before the incisions for
their too-early neutering have healed. The shipping conditions are
sometimes appalling too.

Would you submit a fast comment -- it shouldn't take more than a few
minutes, and can be anonymous: