From:
Mary Harrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 11:54:19 -0400
Hi, My name is Mary and I live with the three most beautiful ferrets in
the world,,, Ricki, Coco, and Little Bo.  It would appear to me that Anon
is just a very proud mama or papa of a pet store ferret.  As we know just
about any Mother worth their weight in gold always knows that their child
is the best child ever born.  And if their mother doesn't think so I sure
hope their Grandparents know it cause everyone deserves to have at least
one person to fuss over them.  And ferrets are no different.

I am new to this ferret parenting myself.  Ricki and Coco are about 1
year old and Little Bo is five months.  We got Ricki and Coco at a pet
store last year a couple months apart.  Ricki is a Marshall ferret.
I fell in love over night and just knew Ricki was the most beautiful
ferret ever.  So I saw this advertisement for the Ferret-Fun-a-Roma
for Cincinnati, OH in the papers.  Well me , my two kids and husband
were off to check it out with absolutely no knowledge of anything.

I started asking questions and wondering how the ribbons were awarded and
so on.  This lady with a surprised look on face said.  Is this a Marshall
ferret?  Of course I said "why yes!" I figured she knew that Ricki was a
Marshall's because of how stunningly beautiful she was.  It wasn't until
much later I found out it was because of the tatoo on her ear.  Anyway I
was sad that it was too late to enter her in the contests.  This very
nice lady which I am sorry I do not know her name said that I could enter
in one of her spots because her ferret for that class had to stay home.
She said normally they wouldn't do this thing but they changed the paper
work and set it up so my Ricki could compete.  She got FIRST PLACE,
chocolate point.  Well this just boosted my proud mama feeling more.  And
my 10 y.o. went home with a huge ribbon to take to school.  Because ,,
they are the "real" owners.  But I was welcomed, encouraged and felt very
good about the experience.  Now I am the proud owner of three ferrets.
Two pet shop and one privately bred.  And I love them all.  It may appear
like a snooty system but it isn't.  You don't need a ribbon to know that
your ferret is the best in the world.....I saw those black ferrets at
the show.  Honestly they were the only ferrets that caught my eye.  They
were just beautiful.  If their health is as good as their looks then that
breeder is on to something.

Hope this helped Anon.  Give that ferret of yours a kiss for me cause I
bet it is the best!........That is after my three fuzzies.

Mary