From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:27:52 -0700
I was so bored today, that I thought I'd take a trip to check on a tiny
little soul named Mr. Waddsworth.  I knew if I visited that tiny dynamo
I'd have an interesting time.  So I went off to the hamster village to
find him.  It wasn't hard to find him.  Siberian dwarf hamsters are just
beautiful and he was no different.  But Mr. Waddworth is chubby, muscular
and so SOFT.  When I found him and he looked at me really cranky out of
the side of his squinting eyes (he was napping in a straw nest), I just
had to, had to, had to, rub him.  He was so soft to the pink of my paw,
that I had to push it a step further and lay on my side and rub my back
against him.  Not a good idea.  Next thing I knew, there was this
piercing pain shooting from my ear down my face.  I leaped up, spun in
circles, dooking.  I felt something very heavy flopping about and pulling
my head to the side.  It was Mr. Waddsworth!  The other hamsters were now
gathering to watch the show and sarcastically said, "We love the new
earing Miss Sandee.  Why didn't you tell us you were getting a piercing?"
Wise guys.  Every last one of em.  I left hamster village and made my way
back to ferretville.  As I walked back, otters, mink, wolverine, badgers,
black footed ferret, all stood silent and staring.  When I passed the kit
house, I glowered at them before they could chuckle.  Finally I came to
see the big boss.  Who then bent over, and removed Mr Waddsworth from my
ear.  He said that this fashion statement wasn't quite "me".  Whatever.
Da Big Boss, rubbed the back of his head as he does everyday while he
waits for his owners.  He finally put him down and instructed me to take
him on a seed and kibble hunt.  Of course THEN he looks up at me with
the sweetest of grins.  Yeah, I see how it is.  So off I stomped with Mr
Waddsworth trotting behind me with that rolling gate of his.  I kept him
company as he gathered seed and kibble.  And really he was good company
after all.  In fact, so much so, I lifted him up to the sunflowers for
him to gather his own sunflower seeds himself.  He taught me how to put
them into my small cheeks to help him carry them back to the village.
And so we spent our day.  Back and forth, back and forth.  We won't tell
him that I "accidently" swallowed a few of the kibbles though.