From:
Randy Ferret Aid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:18:37 -0400
Well, where to start.  Just had the plumber in today to look at the
basement flood (it happened again last night AND there was no rain).  He
put a camera down the drain (way kewl to see) and showed me what was
going on.  Seems that there is a tree or other object growing into the
drain.  Yup, if it could happen, it has already and will continue.

There is also a problem with fixing it.  The people that owned this house
before me put an addition onto the front of the house.  It's been built
wonkie and we would have to dig through concrete blocks to get to the
drain.  SO, this estimate is over $6,000.  It has to be done or
eventually the house foundation will rot from all the water pooling in
the basement and i'll have an even bigger problem on my hands.

Yup, i'm crying but also taking time today for other estimates though i
doubt i'll get it done cheaper - this is the same company who replaced
all my bad plumbing for more than $8,000 less than any other company's
estimate.

My other alternative is to get some big, strong, male volunteers to help
dig through the basement and replace the pipes on my own (well, with the
help of my handy friend - i have NO skill!).  ANY takers on this?
*smiles*

OR any of you have any ideas how we can raise this kind of cash?  I've
only got about $1,500 left but if we can raise $4000, i can sell some
stuff to make up the difference.  Any ideas are totally welcome.  Even if
you suggest me moving again :)  I SO need a vodka (or bottle) right now.

Randy