From:
eri garner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 21:51:17 -0500
I have read repeatedly that a number of ferret folks get Ivermectin
suspension from their vets for about $10 a bottle.  Recently, I had my
own vet mix this stuff as recommended by one of the vets here on the
list.  However, when I went to pay the bill, they tried to charge me
***$35*** for the bottle!  I was MORTIFIED!!

The receptionist finally lowered the price to $15.95 and said she'd ask
the vet (who had already left for the day).  This place had never heard
of the stuff until I brought in an email from a ferret board that
included mixing instructions & average price.  Has anyone else run into
such a horrendous price on this stuff?  And does anyone know how I can
get my vet to keep the price down to around $10??

Thanks! :)
 ~Eri & the Toobsox -- Tucker, Pixie, & Indy

--
For Ferret Lovers in Texas & its Neighbors!