From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:00:32 -0400
Tizzy is about one year old, a silver mitt.  Three girls showed up on the
door step Wednesday night, right after I downed a few Tylenol and
Excedrine, along with Benidryal (sp).

Tizzy was carried in a doll's car seat.  Not moving, my stomach turned,
I scruffed him, he is so dehydrated that his skin wouldn't moved.  He
is beyond sub q's.  I grab some duck soup, and he happily ate 50 cc's.

The girl who owned him, sitting at my table, says "He has been sick for
three weeks, I gave him baby food and he got better, and started to play,
now he isn't doing so good and I don't have money for a vet so I am
giving him up." I called Avon Lake Animal Clinic, tell them that a ferret
that needs to be hospitalized will be there in 30 minutes.

I couldn't drive, but the girl who drove this girl asked for directions
and they brought him to the vet.  They got there, and Dr. Krupka calls
me, "what kind of a train wreck did you send me?  Did you see this
ferret?  What kind of idiot is that girl?".  I reply, "I don't know, I
couldn't even sub q him, yes I did see him, and I don't know what kind of
idiot she is." He says, "The ferret has been sick for THREE WEEKS!!!" I
reply I know.  He asks, "She says you are taking care of him, that she is
giving him up because she can't pay," I say "Yep".  He says, "He has to
be hospitalized, and I am not telling them anything, and letting the
girls know that you are the only person to give any information to."

Dr. Krupka goes on to tell me that he is running a fever of 105.5.  His
blood work up concerns him, his white count isn't up.  If he is running a
fever and fighting an infection it should be elevated.  I reply, just
like I was when I was going through chemo.  I would have four days of
treatment, be out of the hospital for 5 days and end up back in the
hospital because my immune system took a dump.  And I tell him to make
sure he draws two crit tubes of blood and overnight it to United Vaccine.
In 24 hours this little boy has racked up a vet bill of over $350.

A few weeks ago I posted on our website, Director's Corner, that our vet
bills hit over $6500.  In the past 7 days you can add another $1200 to
that, not counting Tizzy's bill.

So now you understand why I am looking for ideas to raise funds.  I have
sold everything I possibly can, I own nothing that can be sold or pawned.
I sold my mom's wedding set.  The shelter kids needed the $$.  We have
some stuff up on eBay,

http://search.ebay.com/
_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZferretsQ5funlimitedQ5fferretQ5fshelter

But I need other ideas.  Mine don't work well for me, LOL!!  for others
they do!  The only thing to remember with ideas, for the most part, there
isn't much help, and it can't take a big investment.

I am trying to get caught up on the website with kids pics, but i am
runnning like a chicken with it's head cut off.

Thanks for brainstorming.

Lord, please protect those in Rita's path, and help those Katrina caused
harm.

Hug your fuzzies.

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter