From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:43:22 -0700
I was sitting under a cherry tree working, when I kept daydreaming back
to the day when little Xanth arrived here last year.  The first Hager
ferret to ever arrive.  And he did so in his full furry glory.  He was
carrying something very large, that when I looked closely I saw it was
his mommies heart.  I just had to see that special thing.  I see toys of
all kinds, but this was a first.  I noticed was that even before I got
close to him, I felt a great warmth from the heart.  Xanth is so lucky,
because he never has had to feel cold in his life.  Because he always had
him mommies heart with him.

I introduced myself to him, but he already knew who I was and where he
was.  He gave me a wink and turned to the rice beds.  Three little kits
were playing there.  He jumped in and taught them how to tuck and scoot
the rice.  They looked like a bunch of little bears in there doing that.
After they got the hang of it, he came back to me.

We pranced off through the meadows to go to the treat bar, big soup bowl,
and ferretone fountain.  I told him about foamy fry forest but he was
most eager to get to the toys.  Toyland was very close by.  We didn't
even have to fly there.  We just enjoyed trotting past flowering trees,
and through a great field of daisies.  Then we hit pay dirt.  Toys,
socks, bras, shoes, TV controllers, you name it.  Xanth saw his favorite
thing ... Playstation controllers.  Heaven!  Some ferrets were actually
playing a game when he grabbed a hole of the rubbery wire and tugged
until it flung towards him.  He gripped the joy stick and off he went.
Ferrets dashing after him.  He finally dropped it and dooked and he-he'd
until he fell over rolling.  There is an eternity of toys and oddities
here for him to enjoy.

But he wanted to take a break to ask about his mommy and daddy.  I was
quick to jump in and tell him that there is a special pond of water that
he can look into to see them anytime he wanted.  And that he could put
his ear to any cloud and hear them at any time.  I told him that if he
tried very hard, he could even touch them in their dreams.  He said he
missed the cuddles most of all.  I reassured him and told him that by
the time he had stolen all of the shoes here, his parents would be here
to greet him.  And for cuddles?  Well, there is the big man to fulfill
that need.  He will always be here for him.  And he doesn't even have to
steal a sandal to get his attention!

Sandee
XANTH!  GIVE ME MY HALO BACK!