From:
Sandra Zobel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 13:07:26 EDT
I just felt the need to clarify something I saw posted on here.

Ferrets are NOT illegal on Long Island.  They are perfectly legal once
you cross the Queens border.

In New York, Ferrets are illegal in Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten
Island and Manhattan.

I live in Nassau County which is on Long Island and I have 3 ferts.  They
are all healthy & happy.  They have a great vet and are taken outside on
a regular basis for their evening walks (weather permitting) with their
name tags and rabies tags on their harnesses.  My neighbors all love my
little "lawn sharks" as I call them.  The kids love to come over and play
with them or just to pet them.  I use my ferret to educate some of the
people here who are looking into ferret ownership and I stress the time
and expense of having these little bundles of fluff and love.

Sandy
and the
Terrible Threesome
Lucifer, Kyba and  Shea