From:
Linda Proulx <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:48:18 -0400
Well right now we have 87 ferrets at our shelter.  plus our 10 personal
babies.  Of the 87, 44 are permanent residents due to health issues or
age.  We have 9 awaiting adrenal surgery (they are getting daily
melatonin for now) and 6 others on melatonin.  Our vet bill at the moment
is $2,404.17 and we have two that are going in on the 31st for adrenal
surgery.

We have one volunteer and adoptions are at an all time low right now.  It
is pouring ferrets at the moment.  We live near 6 military bases and we
are in the town of the biggest.  With military shipping out left and
right it gets quite busy around here.  Not many want to board them till
they come back so they surrender.  We are in desperate need of help.  We
also go through about 70 pounds of food every week.  We use mostly Mazuri
but mix maximum nutrition kitten food in as well.  We mix in a bit of
Marshall's, totally ferret, the ferret store and whatever we can afford
at the time.  I do not work so the shelter is my FULL time job.  Plus our
vet is four and a half hours away.  Well I guess that is about it.  Just
we need help really bad.

Linda and the furry and not so furry ones
Dook-N-Dance Ferret Shelter
www.dook-n-dance.org