From:
"F.U.R.R.Y." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:03:37 -0700
F.U.R.R.Y. (Ferrets Underfoot Running 'Round You) in St. Louis
currently has 47 ferrets in the shelter and 11 in foster care.  Our vet
expenses in 2004 were over $16,000 and total expenses topped $40,000 for
year.  We have surgery done for those who need it.  And, any elderly
(over 6yrs old) ferret we have is placed with one of our members who
provides a sanctuary for them and any vet care they may require.  We
depend on adoption fees, fundraisers, and donations to meet expenses
and we depend on volunteers to keep the shelter running and the ferrets
cared for.

If people would take the time to see beyond the 'cuteness factor' of
a ferret and research the time and care needed for these wonderful
creatures, the number of shelter ferrets would be considerable lower
across the country!!

Kudos to all of us who give our time, love and devotion to these
wonderful creatures.  Lets keep up the good work!!

DOOKS,

LISA
FERRET MOM to Avery, Bear, Carlin and Erin
FOSTER FERRET MOM to Mikey, Molly, Turner, George and
Lottie, and Bonnie and Clyde
F.U.R.R.Y. Volunteer