Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:45:39 -0700
 Hi all,

I would like to know what is up with the melatonin implant costs.  It
was my belief that the costs to our vets was about $8 each.  That was
justified over the 50 cents charged for the mink implants because they
came all prepackaged and ready to go.  Okay that was fine.

Now my vet tells me that his cost for the last four he ordered for my
kids was over $100.  So, of course my cost was $45 each.

So, what are you guys paying?  and if any of you are cozy enough to ask
your vet, do you know what they are paying?  You can email me off list if
you would want to keep this off the public forum.  It just seems at this
cost Lupron is looking better.

It might be that I am all mixed up but I know for sure some of the vets
in the east were only charging $18-$25 and that included injecting it.

Thanks, Mary Jo