From:
DOOK-WOOF-DOOK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 05:39:36 -0400
RECAP:
>From:    Marie Smith <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: pic version of the octoplay
>
>Ms Price,
>
>This is not a flame letter to you or Marguerite.
>
>Yes,I wrote to Marguerite asking for a photo of your version.  I even
>asked for a pattern, so I can help make them for shelters which they
>can sell or auction off.  I was very shocked by her answer, but that
>is here or there.  I have bought from her before.
>
>I have always shared my patterns with everyone that wanted the sleep
>sack/hammy's.  Hey no big deal!
>
>I decided to buy one from you.  You told me to pay thru paypal, after
>it was paid for you would send me pic of it.

Dear Marie..........

Someone who is going to copy a pattern and sell it to benefit her
shelter, IS in fact taking money out of Ms. Price's Pocket.  She went to
the trouble to develop a pattern, and when you take a pattern and copy
it is infact a violation of Copyright laws.  Regardless whether or not
it is benefitting a shelter, you are donating items etc.  If you want to
give patterns away, that is your right.  But by asking for the pattern
you were in fact stating you were going to violate her copyright.  I
don't think there is anything wrong with what she did or said to you.
If you want to help her shelter, purchase them to resale.  That is what I
have done.  She gave me a good deal on them, if I purchase more then one.
I can't sew that well, nor with running a shelter, do I have time.  So I
have others make things for me to resell.  You can see photos of the
octoplay at the Ferret Store and Ferret Depot.  You can design your own
pattern/style from that photo.  But purchasing an item, then taking it
apart to get a pattern, then selling them is wrong.  I see nothing wrong
with what she did with you.  At least if you purchased it, she would make
something for her time and energy in producing it.  It is better she told
you on the front end then file a suit against you and you have to pay
HUGE damages right?

Marguerite from TinyPrints Ferret Rescue

Life is not how many breaths you take, but
how many times it takes your breath away...
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Store
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/onlinestore.htm
Aloha Ferrets Ebay Store