Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:07:19 EDT
HELP!!!!!

One of my ferrets (Momma's Monkey) she is about 5 years old now and doing
very well.  Except she doesn't like the heat, it seems to really bother
her more then the others.  She gets over heated easily, her paws get red
and she gets lethargic and is like a rag doll.  We have to put her in the
sink or tub in cold water until she snaps out of it.  My question that I
am concerned about is, is it wasn't really hot yesterday but late last
night all of a sudden she was like a rag doll and her pads were red and
she was drooling.  We picked her up and put her in the cold water but she
was not snapping back out of it this time.  We did this several times but
she still was not really with it, finally after a while she came a round
some but not enough for me.  She then seemed exhausted so I layed her in
her hammy and after a few minutes she got up and was eating and then went
back to bed and she seems ok today.  But I am wondering if something else
is wrong, what do you think?

Thank you for any help, and if you have any more questions feel free to
e-mail me any time,

Thank you again,
Trish and the fur babies