From:
Kris Kalaster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:18:23 -0700
Hello,
This is just a introduction from a family in MS, USA that has been
fortunate enough to have and love 6 ferrets for almost 2 years now.  I
am Kris and have loved the idea of being blessed by a ferrets company
since I was 8 years old.  I grew up in California so I spent many years
thinking I would never be fortunate enough to have even just one.  I
moved to Mississippi about 10 years ago and finally for mothers day
almost 2 years ago I got my first male ferret Mr.Fizban Lickers.  It did
not take long for the ferret math bug to bite and we soon gained the
company of Raistlin, another male ferret.  Soon after that I realized
just how dire the need for adoption was in the ferret community.  I
hooked up with a wonderful shelter in my neighboring state of Alabama
and brought home 2 wonderful Girls Winni and Lily.  And after a recent
visit to the same shelter I brought home 2 boys that are just grand
Merlin and Zeus.

The wonderful shelter I am speaking about is Heaven Scent ran by Sandi
right here on the FML.  I want to say this lady is my hero.  She has so
much dedication and love to these little guys, I just don't know where
she finds the energy.  I hope one day to be as knowledgeable and
dedicated as her.  In the mean time I will do my best to lend a hand at
the shelter when ever I can.

I also want to comment on this ' well educated ' individual from CNN
speaking about 4 deaths a year caused by ferrets.  Has anyone received a
reply from their e-mails to him asking where he got this ' study '?This
was a topper!  I have heard it all now!  And what a shame that such a
wonderful love filled companion is being given such a bad rap.  I think
we should get this guy to resend his statement.

So any way, Hello all!  Hope to share ferret stories for many years to
come.  I am always reading, may not post much.  Forgive me there, but I
also work and have have 3 skin kids.

Dooks, from the Dookers Den