From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 23:44:14 -0400
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?
gid=1423922&messageid=15102&startid=15104

>The info stated that Ketamine was the easiest method for a vet to
>use because gas required applying the gas, working a little, then
>re-applying the gas, repeatedly, throughout a procedure.

**This is incorrect or at the least outdated information.  Gas anesthesia
is not only safest, but easily used in ferrets, as it is very possible to
place a tube to maintain constant delivery of the anesthetic while still
working on the mouth.  Personally, I cannot come up with a situation in
which I would use ketamine as anesthetic on a ferret.**

Dr. Ruth
Save lives - spay or neuter your pet.

brought to the FML with author's permission by Sukie (not a vet)
Ferret Health List co-moderator
FHL Archives fan and regular user
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org
International Ferret Congress advisor