From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:45:29 -0400
When I wrote my check to the SOS to celebrate the FML 5000 I started to
reflect on what the FML means to me.

For me the FML opened up the world of ferrethood.  Suddenly, right from
my own computer, was a whole world of knowledge, experience, and love of
ferrets.  The support, caring, and information suddenly provided to me to
help me care for my little fuzzones was amazing.  Somehow these little
creatures have inspired those of us who love them to create a worldwide
community here on the FML.

To me the FML means getting to know a group of people like Wolfy, who
shares heartache and joy, Sukie, who shares invaluable help and
knowledge, Kat, who shares love and caring, Alexandra, who shares
laughter and insight, and a world of others who I find myself calling
"friend".  I can't imagine how small my ferret world would feel without
the sharing of friendship, stories, experience, knowledge, and ferret
love on the fml.

The best part of the FML is that is bigger than all of us, bigger than
the hundreds who make it up.  Because of our unity, we are able to band
together and do more good for the world of ferrets than any of us could
ever do individually.  The financial support raised in crisis times for
rescues to the donations sent regularly for shelters that are helping and
making a difference every day, we on the FML have helped to maked a
difference for ferrets in need.  We have also rallied our support to make
a difference for the survival of the wild black footed ferrets and raised
awareness and funds for ferret medical research.

Please be a part of this celebration of the FML 5000 and help us reach
the goal, the goal that will help more ferrets in need.  If you haven't
sent in a check because you can't afford to right now, please remember
the original idea of $1 per ferret.  Hopefully we can all do this, it
will make the difference for the ferrets out there!!

Risa