From:
Jim Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:12:38 -0700
I am looking for a shelter or two from the west coast that might be
interested in providing some ferret blood for a research project.

We are working with a company that makes diagnostic equipment for the
veterinary industry.  The latest machine they are designing, needs to
be calibrated, and the need animal blood to get a baseline.  They have
vendors supplying dog and cat blood, and they are looking for blood
donations from 1 or 2 shelters out west, rather than just rely on blood
from one shelter here on the east coast.

The company will pay all costs for overnighting of the blood samples, and
will make a "donation" of between $7.50-$10.50 per ml of ferret blood.
All you need to do is find a vet willing to donate a few minutes once or
twice a month to draw blood from your shelter ferrets, send them to the
company, and they will send you a check to help your shelter.

If you choose to participate, keep in mind that the ferrets do not have
to be 100% healthy and young.  They can be older and can be in various
states of health, as long as you send along a brief history of the
ferrets.  PLEASE NO ADV + ferrets!!

Anyone interested in participating, please email me and I will email more
info.

Ferret Rescue of Maine
A State licensed, 501c3 Non-profit shelter.
Donate to shelter ferrets by clicking
igive.com/from