From:
"Caryn K. Heffner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 14:07:45 EDT
I want to thank those of you who contacted me privately about the abuse
at my local Superpetz store.  I emailed the corporate office and Marshall
farms (supplier).  I heard from MF first.  They asked me for the phone
number to the store and thanked me for bringing it to their attention.
They said that they would be investigating.

I then received a phone call from the Regional Livestock manager of
Superpetz.  He spoke to me at great length.  I was given the name of the
vet that they use, the medication that the ferret was on and his phone
number to contact him if I have any further concerns.  He said that the
ferret "mysteriously disappeared" from their store and did not receive
the medication.  This conflicts with what the employee told me and I
told him so.  He assured me that the matter is under investigation.  I
told him that I would be regularly checking the store, in hopes that they
may buckle down.  I am not totally satisfied with the situation, however,
I do take comfort in knowing that I have ruffled some feathers enough to
keep them on their toes.  Hopefully the animals will benefit.

Caryn