From:
Anthony Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Aug 2005 06:15:34 -0700
Lisa,

Anthony CC'd us all emails between you.  He asked about your supplies &
was surprised when you asked if he wanted the ferts, too.  He couldn't
take yours so he called us in Annapolis.

paul tessicini <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Only AFTER I declined the offer, too polite to say why... he sent me the
>links to two shelters.  I never heard from him after that.

I've got SIX emails he sent you with links to FML & MD shelters/clubs.
We emailed you links twice!

Do you even understand what rescues do?!  Rescues & local ferret clubs
know who might be interested in providing ferts good homes.  They could
makes some calls for you.  Most rescues I know don't want your ferret
in their doors unless they can't help you find it another home.

paul tessicini <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>If I found a family that I knew, after seeing their home and meeting
>them, would provide a loving home and promise to contact me directly
>if things didn't work out....I'd give them the ferrets and what supplies
>we have for free.

This is the first time you ever said anything about "give" your supplies
for "free".

We foster 6 ferts for local sailors in the Gulf.  We got a loan, stacked
cinder blocks to make three 12x15' pens in the finished basement, made
three 10x12' outdoor pens with dirt & shrubs, and set pipes through the
window so each indoor pen is connected to an outdoor pen.

Do you have any idea how stressful adjusting to a new home & owners
is!!!!!  We insisted each family of ferts be kept separate with as few
changes in their environment as possible.  If we took on the cost of
caring for your pets, the least you can do is "donate" the supplies so
they have familiar surrounding.

We insisted each fert get vet exam (blood & stool workup, check for ADV).
That was easy - I worked as a vet tech.  If we were to consider taking
your ferts we needed to know if the ferts had any health issues.  So we
asked Anthony to ask you those questions.  And when you wouldn't respond
to him, I wrote you myself.

We actually feel guilty these ferts have it better here then they will
when their owner's come home: more space, more toys, more climbing &
burrowing structures, more attention (our adopted developmentally
disabled daughter plays with them every minute she's home & I quit my
job after our son was born).

Before accepting the responsibility for these ferts we vowed if anything
happens to thier owners we'll keep the ferts as our own (we already have
5).  Under NO circumstances would we ever simply dispose of them!  They
are our family.

I DID say "Who wants to pay $299 for the "privilege" of taking in these
folks discarded pets?!" Why would anyone pay you $300 for used supplies
they could buy new for $350?  You seem more concerned with "recouping
money" than finding these ferts a good home.

I'm sorry you accepted responsibility for these ferts and then toss them
out.

I'm sorry my home isn't good enough for your ferts.  Its obvious to us
the only reason you declined was because we wouldn't pay you.

I'm sorry you wouldn't call resources who could make calls to find them
a home.  My guess is your relectuance is because they wouldn't pay you,
either.

But I'm most sorry you're attacking people for trying to help you.  And
that you're publically lying to make yourself look better.

I can't tolerate your "martyr" act any further!  You should be ashamed
of yourself.  Your actions only hurt your ferts.

best wishes,
Rebecca