From:
"Audrey L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 03:49:23 -0400
>... We started giving him PHENOLBARBITOL to see if it can help with the
>segiers as, Thursday was one of the wores he's ever had.  (Zini is ADV
>negative,as is the rest of my ferrets.).  So far so good, no seziers!!
>
>I'll keep everone up to date on his progress, PLEASE say a prayer that
>this works.  Thanks for your time, if this works for him, it may help
>someoneelse.
>
>Debi

Hi Debi,

We had a ferret (one of the NJ rescues, in fact) who started having
seizures suddenly.  Her blood sugar was fine, everything else was fine...
our vet suggested trying Phenobarbital to help control the seizures (this
was the first epileptic ferret she had seen, so we were charting new
territory, which we always seem to do anyway lol).  She had a good 6 or
7 months after that.  Keep in mind that she was close to 10 years old
when she passed, and the Phenobarbital kept the seizures away up until
the end.  I hope you have good luck with Zini, and yes, keep us all
posted on how he's doing!!

Audrey in MA
and now we're back up to 11... :)