From:
sue thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 08:32:25 -0500
Hi !
death also, but I do know someone close by with a CBS Block home, in the
event that a hurricane comes, I move the ferrets there.  Last year I
moved the ferrets both times, it's after the storm I am not prepared for.

If I had to move them to a shelter, I have one already in mind and they
know to be ready in case.  If I came home after a storm and had no home
any longer, I know this shelter Mom and Dad would take in my ferrets, so
I'm prepared in case that happens.

I'm in a mobile home as you are, and my home is still damaged from last
year.  If a bad storm comes this year, there may be nothing left for us
to live in.  I'm trying to raise funds to get a generator so I can be
prepared AFTER the storm in case there is no electricity which is usually
the case.

What I would suggest is for shelters in Florida to work together, if some
have block homes, maybe they can temporarily house the ferrets and even
shelter mom and dads.  Going way up north is maybe a bit too far.

All shelters in Florida need to network together and we all need to try
and be prepared with generators, etc.

I do not know of all of the shelters that are open in Florida, I only
know a few of them, if we could all post on the floridasheltershurricane
group and share what we can and cannot do for one another, this may help.
If I did not have a block home to transfer ferrets to, I would want to
know the closest ferret shelter that might be able to house them during
a storm.  Who is closest to you Chere?

I'm not sure of how many are in mobile homes, during a storm, in a mobile
home, it is always a mandatory evacuation.

Let's see what happens with this, it would be so nice to network and be
prepared this year.  Pray that this year is much milder!!!

Sue/Okeechobee Rescue
Please visit my ebay auctions, always raising funds for food, meds,
spays and neuters,
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/ferrets_cats_rescue