From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:12:39 EDT
This is the way it is at my Shelter rescue.  We got hit by both Frances
and Jeanne last year and out shelter was all but destroyed.  Repairs have
now been completed.

We will not take in any ferrets beginning 1 AUGUST 2005 thru 15 OCTOBER
2005.  This is for the safety of the ferrets in our shelter as well as
our own.  The aforementioned dates are the height of Hurricane season
and although we evacuate if a Hurricane is coming -- should we be hit
again our shelter may sustain heavy damage or be totally destroyed.  Only
those who have come back to their homes to find them heavily damaged or
destroyed can understand what this is like.  Rebuilding is something none
of you ever want to go through!

Should everything turn out all right we will again take in ferrets after
the 16th of October 2005.  Hopefully all the other shelters understand.

Thank you for  supporting our shelter

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends of Indian  River County
8775 20th Street, Lot 614
Vero Beach, FL 32966-3065

A  "NO KILL" shelter since January  1991