From:
Patty Asheuer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:13:51 -0400
Hey. if your looking for a different kind of litter that's inexpensive,
try using wood pellets for a wood burning stove.

We get them from a wood burning stove store.  They usually run about
$4.00 for a 40 pound bag.  Stove Chow, Dry Creek and Allegheny types
are really good.  They don't hold the ammonia type smell from the urine
and you can dump the used pellets from the litter box in your tree line.
It makes for a great grass fertilizer.  I usually go through a bag a
week with 6-7 ferrets.

When we ran the rescue, we bought a ton for $175 dollars.  So overall it
is very cost effective per bag at that price.

Cant beat it..  And it's easy to scoop and sift too.  Hardly any smell
either.  It's just compressed sawdust in pellet form.

And if the ferrets play in it, it doesn't dry their coats out either.
It's all natural because of burning in an indoor house stove for heating,
no chemicals or additives.

Hope this helps :-)

Patty