From:
Kevin Gifford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:04:54 -0500
Hello FMLers,

The Houston Area Ferret Association (HAFA) has a couple of events in
store for ferret owners and owners-to-be over the next few days.  All
events are open to the general public, and y'all are more than invited
to come if you're free.  I promise we won't bite.

On July 24 (this Sunday), we'll be holding an education day inside the
Petco located at 10911 Westheimer Rd., Houston (the one that just opened
up a few weeks back).  This is an opportunity for HAFA members to chat up
ferrets with each other, teach store visitors about what it takes to keep
a ferret healthy, and learn how to make your own crew happier and
bouncier.  The event runs from 1pm-4pm; you are allowed to bring your own
ferrets, but proof of up-to-date rabies/distemper vaccination is a must.

On August 4 (Thursday), we'll be holding a HAFA general meeting at
the Fuddruckers located at 3929 Southwest Freeway, Houston.  Our guest
speaker will be Dr. Dori Hertel DVM from the Loop 494 Animal Hospital;
she'll be talking to the group about ADV in ferrets, and the steps you
can take to prevent it.  The event starts at 7pm and (knowing us) will
probably run until far too late to be very alert at work the next day.
If you're a member, you'll also be able to pick up a paper copy of the
new second issue of The Ferreter, HAFA's official newsletter.

For more information on HAFA and its activities, visit our website at:

http://www.hafa.ws

or our messageboard at:

http://ferret.meetup.com/88

 ----

In addition to this (and completely unrelated to my involvement with
HAFA), I've started a new website devoted to the art of keeping ferrets.
Called Ferret of the Future, it's a weblog devoted to ferret-related
news, information, opinion, and (yes, sorry) cute pix.  It's been up
for a while, but this is the first time I've publicized it, so give it
a look.  It's at:

http://www.ferretofthefuture.com

Let me know what you think of the site's content, either via the
message forum or through direct email to me.  I appreciate any and all
feedback -- although a steady readership wouldn't be bad, either.  %)