Date:
Sun, 17 Jul 2005 10:42:40 -0700
Hello all, I haven't posted for a while but wanted to get some advice.
I have a 4.5 y/o Canadian ferret, Bond, who has recently had some hair
loss on his tail and a little prostate swelling I believe.  Having had
two other ferrets with adrenal disease that was not diagnosed until tumor
was inoperable (this is before I found a good ferret vet), I wanted to
get him checked out early.  The vet couldn't feel any tumors, but guessed
it probably was adrenal disease and suggested proceeding with surgery.
They tried to take blood to make sure everything was alright to proceed,
but could not get enough for the lab to test.  They were trying to take
it out of the juggler vein.  So now they have asked him to come back
next week for another attempt.  Has anyone else had this difficulty with
getting a blood sample or have any suggestions?  My other fear is that I
may be taking him for surgery too early - feel bad putting him under the
knife when his behaviors are very normal - energetic and healthy acting.
Just don't want to be too late this time.  Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Brandy, Bond and Indy