From:
Anthony C Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:22:18 -0700
Totally Ferret sent us a sample kit: 2.5oz Baby Formula, 2.5oz Active
Formula, 2.5oz Older Ferret Formula, 1.5oz Treats, 3 liquid filled ear
swabs, & lots of product brochures.  We feed our 3 m.o. albino male a
mix of Baby Formula (now availabe in 3.5 lb bags), FerretStore.com
Original, Natural Gold, & weaning off Marshalls.

Here's email from Totally Ferret:
<<<<<
Our new Baby Ferret Formula is made from the highest level of animal
protein than any other food.  What this means to your ferret is the
easiest food to digest and to assimilate into body growth.  It also
has the highest level of vitamins and minerals to support a young
kit's rapid growth without adding extra calories.  The typical
nutrient content is 42.3% protein of which 92% is from high quality
chicken, egg and liver.  Fat level of 24.3% Ash of 7.9%, 3.5% Omega 6
and 0.5% omega 3 fatty acid for soft hair coat and healthy
skin;Taurine of 0.35% and the highest level of DHA for rapid brain
development.  No add sugars and the lowest starch (carbs) content of
any food of 8%.  The Arganine content is 2.5% and arachadonic acid
which is an essential omega 6 fatty acid of 0.15%.  The animal fat
is over 95% of the total fat and Totally Ferret Baby Ferret formula
contains no corn.  Hope this is helpful and you can find it on line at
the www.ferretstore.com or www.ferretdepot.com or www.jeffers.com

Here's what Totally Ferret Baby label reads:
<<<<<
LIST OF INGREDIENTS: Chicken by-products (organ meat only), Wheat
Flour, Dried Egg Product, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols,
a natural source of vitamin E), Chicken Liver meal, Dried Beet Pulp
(sugar removed) Poultry Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a natural
source of vitamin E), Catfish meal, Barley, Brewers Dried Yeast, Fish
Meal, Whole Ground Flax Seed, Lecithin, Fish Oil (preserved with mixed
tocopherols, a natural source of vitamin E) Calcium Carbonate, Potassium
Chloride, Taurine, dl-Methionine (essential amino acid), Sodium Chloride,
l-Lysine, l-Carnitine, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin E
Supplement, Iron Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Biotin
Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Copper Sulfate,
Pyidoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Copper Proteinate,
Vitamin A Supplement, riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2),
Calcium Pantothenate, Calcium Iodate (source of iodine), Manganous Oxide,
Vitamin B12 Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione
Dimethylprimidinol Bisulfite (source of Vitamin K activity), Folic Acid.

I'm not sure what the requisite amounts of amino & fatty acides are.  Nor
do I know if 8% carbs is good for a hypercarnivore, or having wheat flour
as the 2nd largest ingredient.  The ash content does seem to be nearly 1%
higher than reccomended.  I plan to ask about these, and any other
questions others might send me.

I will add that it comes in convenient little diamond shapes that are
easy to chew.  My ferret hasn't choked on it at a single time like he
tends to with compact round pellets like Marshalls.  And he'll dig
through the other foods to get to the Totally Ferret Baby food FIRST!

"Intelligence is like 4-wheel drive.  It allows you to get stuck in more
'remote' places."

~ Garrison Keillor ~