From:
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 23:30:20 -0400
it's been a really sad week at the shelter this week.  There are two
shining stars in the sky tonight, two stars that had lived through hell
and found love with our foster parents.

Tika crossed the bridge on Wednesday during surgery.  We all thought she
had a huge right adrenal gland but it turned out to be a lymph node, the
size of 2 grapes.  She had systemic lymphoma and even her spleen was full
of 100's of tiny white tumors.  It was a hard decision to let her go, but
mommie didn't want to wake her up after surgery.  Tika was loved by many
of us, an Easter rescue kid who auntie Bonnie & uncle Nigel took into
their care.  Tika finally knew love with thanks to her foster parents.

We also lost dear Phil on Friday.  he came to the shelter with Dee (named
after mommie's mom, my gran).  Phil was taken in by auntie Sue along with
Dee and she gave them both a GREAT life!  Phil was loved by many and a
LOT of tears were shed by his vet, mommie Sue and my mommie.  Even the
techs had a cry over losing him.

BOTH Tika and Phil are up here with me, frolicking and pain free.  Both
of them wanted me to let their foster parents know that they loved them
and are very appreciative of all they did for them.  Phil also wanted me
to tell auntie Sue that he was happy she never took him to the beach and
loved playing in the grass with her instead.  Tika wanted me to tell
auntie Bonnie and uncle Nigel she is thankful for all the stuffed toys,
they made her happy.

Connor and Pandora's mum is going to fight to keep them!  We're all so
happy to hear this!  She is a fighter and we're all behind her.  We
sure hope she finds a way to keep these kids!  Poohie on the tenant
complaining he's allergic to animals on a WHOLE different floor!

The shelter took in a BUNCH of new kids.  Many aren't named yet.  One
little guy was SHAVED and is now called Braun.  He's staying at auntie
Paige's for a little while.  Also with auntie Paige is a fellow who was
abandon in a box, with his friend.  By the time animal control got to
them, his friend was too weak to save.  He was humanely euthanized.

Three kids were abandon in a box near the shelter too.  They are all in
good shape but are a little worried at the shelter.  They too were found
by animal control.  FINALLY, the shelter has taken in kids that have been
'fixed'!  All three have been 'done' however, the two kids at auntie
Paige's have to be 'done' still as well as Fitz, the little boy with cut
teeth that came in last week.

Well, i must run.  i have to show Phil and Tika the tricks of the trade
up here.  we always have a party for the new arrivals and it's time to
go to the 'tone pool and start the BBQ for Tika and Phil.

My love to you all,
Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>