From:
staufferp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 15:06:19 -0400
I too was going to stay out of this but geez..........why pick on The
Ferret Store?  These people have been nothing but supportive of the
ferret community.  They have donated to rescues, helped people with
supplies and food when there was an emergency rescue , give discounts to
the ferret community, sponsor ferret events.  They are a business and
they need to do certain things to stay in business, personal feelings
aside.  It is the way of things.  As for Eight in One, not everything
they sell is bad either.  That is why we have free will, so that we can
make choices.  If you don't like a particular product, don't buy it.
When you go food shopping you pick what you like and don't buy what you
don't.  It should be no different here.  What I don't get is why waste
time and energy trying to band together against a store that has done
nothing but try to help when you have a personal choice in the matter at
hand?  Why not band together and go after something that we have NO
choice in?  Like lobbying someone to make safer vaccines for ferrets, or
to do research find a cause/cure for the many baffling diseases ferrets
get?  These are things we have no personal choice in.  Just my personal
opinion but I think that would be a worthy cause.  For myself and the
animal hospitals and kennel that I manage, I will continue to support
the Ferret Store.  I would be ashamed of myself not to.

Pat Stauffer
Weasels
http://pages.prodigy.net/staufferp/