From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 06:04:44 -0400
When I purchased by first ferret many years ago, he became ill at 2 1/2
years of age.  I took him to the local vet who was highly recommended,
and he said he KNEW all about ferrets.  He treated him, did adrenal
surgery and Houdini had three urinary tract infections, then he died.

After I got over the shock, I called the breeder, a large company that
breeds ferrets.  I thought I had done something wrong.  I was hurt, I
was crying, and I had spent $150.00 to purchase the ferret, had him for
about one yearand a half, and spend over $500 on the vet.

The conversation went like this.

""How old did you say he was?"

"About 2 1/2 years."

"Oh, well in the wild, he would be someone's dinner by now."  click.

Debbie Hunton is right on target.

Marilyn

Oh yeah, the telephone call was not an 800 number either,