From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2005 13:03:20 -0400
Hi everyone,
Wow, this is my second post in as many days!  I'm trying to get caught up
on everything.  A few weeks ago I posted about possibly needing to find
foster care for my ferrets because of my apartment changing policy, and I
really want to thank everyone who wrote back with suggestions.  Really,
everyone was so wonderful.  But something great happened in the interim:
I found a place that will let me keep all three of them!!  It's actually
right across the street from where I am now.  At first the landlady was
iffy, but then she said "They're caged, right?  What if we just say
they're cats?"  And we're in!  She's said she'll deny responsibility if
questioned (the actual owner of the property is located halfway across
the state; it's a big complex) and is charging me $200 PER FERRET(!), but
we can live there and keep everybody!  The fee is steep, but that's what
they do with cats, so I really can't say much.  Again, thank you so much
for all your help.

Rachel, Pukka, Sebastian, and Lola ("Yay! We get to stay with mom and we
get our own room!")