Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:48:47 -0700
Hi guys, I have a question about my ferrets.  I have five ferrets ages
2-5 and they recently were allowed back in their room after earmites.
Today I found a puddle of liquid by the barrier on the plastic carpet
runner.  It looked and wiped up just like coffee.  I have absolutly no
idea what it could be.  I checked all the ferrets ears, mouth and butt
for the liquid but found none.  The room is totally ferret-proofed, but I
looked around anyway: nothing.  I haven't given them anything different
today.  No on has been acting weird lately.  I have found a few piles of
runny, mucousy poop but I thought it might've been stress-related with
the excitment of a 'new' room.  It looks like the mucousy poops might
be ECE but I'm not positve.  Other than those piles, nothing, absolutly
nothing is out of the norm with my guys (and girl).  Has anybody got a
clue as to what this mystery substance was??  (It didn't look like a
runny poo, it was total liquid, just like coffee or tea.)  Thanks so
much Please help if you can!

Krista
PS: I noticed the fluid glittered on the paper towel and I remember that
earwax somtimes glittered but I checked the ears, no fluid.  I haven't
put anything in them today either.)