From:
Eleanor Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:11:37 -0400
My baby, Patsy has kept me so amused.  If your ferret is bored, you
might try these things for something new if you haven't already.  Under
supervision only, I take a large plastic dishpan for washing dishes
(cheap at Walmart, under $2), fill it with water and place about 4 or 5
hard plastic jingle ball cat toys (without holes of course), in the water
and they float on top.  I put towels down on the floor and place the
dishpan on the floor (we have ceramic floors) and watch the fun!  Patsy
goes over to the water and dunks his head till it is all wet, he even
puts his head under water and blows bubbles, which really cracks me up.
He then starts going after the jingle balls, trying to bite them but also
scoops them up and gets them out and runs around the room pushing and
batting them around once out.  Finally he gets brave enough to get all
the way in instead of doing his half body swim, realizes he is soaked and
jumps out running around trying to dry himself.  I scoop him up and dry
him off with a towel.  Too funny.  When you ferret is done playing in
the water or you cannot watch over him, please empty the dishpan or put
in another place where they cannot get into it.  It needs to be changed
every other day anyway.

If you have a shoe box, take the lower part and give it to your ferret(s)
open side up.  Patsy gets in, tips it over and is underneath.  He runs
around bumping into everything like he thinks he is a tank or something.
He does this many times a day, he has 2 shoe box bottoms.  I just bought
him an igloo and you know, he prefers the boxes, because he must be
having fun in them, trying to turn them over.  I have never seen a ferret
keep himself so occupied for hours.  Whether it has anything to do with
him being deaf, I just do not know but he is so different from my other
ferrets.

For something different, you can also take a large cardboard box put a
good sized hole in it and attach a long usps priority box, the kind that
is triangular and used for shipping maps and documents which you can get
at the post office ( I use duck tape to attach it), and they run through
that to get into the box.  You can also " bowl " the jingle balls down
through the tube into the box for them to play with.

Eleanor, Donald and the 7 fun fuzzies