From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:41:16 -0700
Today, we had a surprise snow where the otters live.  But where we
ferrets stay, it was a warm spring day with a cool breeze.

A fella named George gathered all the O'Ferret clan of the closet thieves
for a special greeting.  Of course you can't fool me ... I know it was
just another reason for one of their huge bashes up here!

We all made a procession to the bridge, gathered around, and waited.
The wind kicked up the petals from the trees and the heather swayed.
From a light at the end of the bridge came a wonderful girl named Gracie.
Little Dancer bounced out of the light and danced over the boards of the
bridge towards us.  With a great twirl, she bowed to us with her sable
coat glistening in the sun.  She looked like she had glittery diamonds
all over her fur.  Spanky jumped on her and yelled, "Gracie Girl!" And
then they all piled onto the heap one after another.  George shook his
head and rolled his eyes and then was the last one to join the group hug.

Whole once again, the little sweetheart followed the crowd to see all the
wonderful sites in heaven.  It was a bit overwhelming because one ferret
would want to show off the giant soup bowl, then the next wanted to coax
her over to where the otters fly down the hills of snow next door.  Her
eyes were wide as she was told about sofa world, laundry mounting, the
dirt hills, ferretone fountain, foamy fry forest and so many other
things.  But she was not interested in tube races nor rice beds right off
the bat.  George knew very well what she was interested in.

Leaning into George with a sly look on her face, she rubbed her paws
together and asked if there were kitties to tease and naughty places to
get into.  George got a shifty look to his eye and replied yes, and that
even better there were badgers to torment, wild ferrets to run with, and
clouds to use as cover.  All the other thieves got a twitch in their
whiskers when they saw the two secretly making plans and wanted "in".

I waved my paws and said, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, I am not part of this.  No
way!" And I left.  I hear regular rumors now of ferrets hiding in the
clouds heaving nuts at squirrels, snowballs at otters, and stealing the
wild ferrets stash.  All I have to say is whoa is me!

Sandee