From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:02:08 -0700
I'm sorry I have been gone from here for some time (or just not posting
as much as I should).  I have just been swamped with life and with death.
As I start to get back on track I need to let everyone know what has been
going on.  and keep it as short as I can so it's not a book :-)

As most of you know January 9, 2005 we took in 34 ferrets from a shelter
that closed (Hooked on Fuzzies).  4 ferrets found a home that day by Kris
and also by Mary Jo.  Since than we have adopted out 22 ferrets.  We
still have 5 adoptables from the group, 1 permanent resident (Eve) and we
have had to help 2 cross over to the bridge (Mr. Mister and Lacey).  We
also had to help our Bugz cross over to the bridge.  Bugz was 12 years
and 5 months exactly on February 5, 2005 when we had to help him cross
over to the Bridge.  (which was the anniversary of Busters crossing in
2003).  I am trying to work on his story.

So, currently in the shelter we have 6 adoptable kids, 5 permanent kids,
and 2 ferrets we are boarding for a military family until July.

Monday April 11th we had to help our Maggie (permanent) cross over to the
bridge.  She had a lump in her stomach on Friday, was yellow on Saturday
night and was helped to the bridge on Monday.  She had 3 fast growing
tumors on her liver.  The vets hadn't seen one grow that fast because
they had just seen her on Friday.  She will be missed so very much.  She
was our free roam girl in the bedrooms along with Moo.  Who really misses
her.

Thanks to a wonderful donation by Heidi we will be able to pay off our
vet bill and I ordered a Quality Ferret Cage that we have been wanting
for the shelters ferrets.  She sent us the donation in memory of her baby
Dexie who recently passed away.

Without the support of everyone on the groups we would not have been able
to do everything we have done thus far.  I want to thank you all for
everything.  Even if it was just a quick line saying HI or offering a
friendly smile.  You all are what helped pull us through.  Thank you.

We will continue to search for homes for the 6 adoptable ferrets.  And
continue to care for all of the other ferrets that come our way or that
are in our care.  All these kids, past, present and future are our life.

Thank you,
Joanne
Ferret Corner Shelter
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz