From:
Larry & Debbie Whorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 00:27:17 -0400
We have ten ferrets that have a bedroom completely to themselves.  They
are loose in the room at all times.  Two times a day they are let out
from 1 1/2 hrs - 4 hrs to free roam the house.

We put indoor/outdoor carpeting over the regular carpet, so we didn't
have to worry about accidents destroying anything.  We have a number of
litter boxes and newspaper down anyway.  We keep a bunch of stuff in the
room for them to play with.  Every day we move things around, so it's
different and not boring for them.  We also change out the things they
have to play with, so they don't get bored.  Everything is considered for
a short term ferret toy before it is thrown in the trash.  Any bag, of
course, is immediately a ferret toy.  Empty pet food bags, boxes, and
just about anything are put in the room for them so they can inspect and
re-inspect it all day long.  We also keep some different ferret food in
a sealed container that we give as a treat.  I will take some and hide
it in places around the room.  They run around trying to find the food.
It keeps them amused for a bit.  If your bed has underpinning (white
sheeting attached underneath), you may as well kiss it good-bye.  We
finally just ripped mine off my bed and have had a much more peaceful
time of it.

Also, below are links for a cat tent that works well for our ferrets and
a food tent that works well too.  (We tie a toy to the string on the
inside of the food tent.)  Great prices.  If you use catalog keycode #
1358051, you get free shipping with any order over $40.

http://www.mileskimball.com/shopping/search/searchresultsmain.jsp
?ASRPR=1&AS=1&keyword=tent

http://www.mileskimball.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=8144
&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=9&iSubCat=111&iProductID=8144

Debbie Whorley, Acworth GA