From:
Lisa Oestereich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:25:04 -0500
Hello everyone,

Two things.  At the show last weekend, I bought a hammock from the Ferret
Wise Shelter people (ferretwise.org).  On Sunday, I cleaned the shelter
cages and hung it in one of the clean cages.  At first the three cage
residents were bent that I was taking them out of the play pen to go
back in to the cage.  Then they noticed "HEY!!!  There's a new hammie in
here...."  And they all three piled in and refused to leave.  Sure, there
was a brand new -cushy donut bed, with a brandy-new baby blanket in the
bottom of the cage, but they WOULDN'T come out of the hammie.  Twenty
four hours later, still no leavie the hammie.  We even got pictures of
them leaning out to eat, but never officially stepping out of it, so as
to keep their place.  Sad to say that a diarrhea attack from above and
one cage over polluted their new hammie, but they refused to be ferret
9-11'd out of that hammie.  I've never seen anything like it.  Alicia,
you make one hell of a hammie!  Ferret approved!

I also bought a ferret barrel.  Well, my weasels went crazy over it.
They struggle over who gets to nap in the barrel.  Sure, cushy bedding
all around, but they want that barrel!!!  It's really something.  Angie's
email (she makes the barrels) is [log in to unmask]

Here's a link to the ferret barrel on Ebay:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZang1ie

It seems these days I'm on the prowl for new toys (like they don't have
enough, right?) and I'm trying to cycle the toys so the beasts don't get
bored.  Would love to hear from others what they've found out there.

Peace,
Lisa