Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:55:41 -0400
From:
Brenda L Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Important!!!!  Hidden danger in the dollar store pools.  Someone had
mentioned on the FML the other day about the dollar store inflatable
pools that the ferrets could play in ..  We had some come in for clinic
day on Saturday.  the ferrets used them, abused them and deflated them.
I did not give it any thought, I allowed 3 of my larger boys to push the
deflated pool all over the play room, they were having a ball with it ...
I noticed they were chewing on the plug that allows you to blow the pool
up.  I did not give it much thought, I just grabbed the scissors, cut the
plug off, so they had nothing to chew on.  I then went about my
business... About 5 minutes later I come back into the playroom, one of
the fur kids had decided to crawl into the small hole I made by taking
the plug off the pool.  The fur butt had gotten 1/2 way around the ring
in the pool and appeared not to be able to go any further.  The pool
being plastic like a trash bag I figured her had no air to breath.  I
frantically and quickly cut him out of the pool ring.  What I should
have remembered is this, these are human children's toys, they can be
and are dangerous to our ferrets.  Please please do not allow your
ferrets to play with these items unattended.  I got lucky I was there
to get the fuzz butt out of trouble.

Brenda Johnson
International Ferret Congress Vendor Coordinator
<http://ferretcongress.org/>