From:
Francine Prager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:38:25 -0400
Hi Everyone,

This is for all the absolutely wonderful people who wrote offering to
temporarily foster and/or permanently adopt a homeless ferret from the
Katrina disaster.

As it stands right now, we have far more folks offering to foster or
adopt than we do ferrets.  Perhaps their families got them out in time,
or maybe there weren't all that many ferrets to begin with, or perhaps
they died in the flooding and heat.....we will never know.

There are a few ferrets being cared for in shelters close to the disaster
area.  Many of those are waiting for their families to relocate and then
they will rejoin them.

Now, we weren't planning this but perhaps we can turn this tragedy into
something positive.  What we are asking you to PLEASE do is find your
closest ferret shelter and adopt a homeless ferret from there...in honor
of the Katrina ferrets who have died.  Just maybe, we can make this the
biggest rescue in ferret history!

To find a shelter near you, please go to
http://www.supportourshelters.org/SOS-ShelterList.html

If you don't see a shelter nearby, just drop me a note and I'll try to
help.  Thank You So Very Much!

Francine

Francine Prager
http://www.ferretcongress.org