From:
Jim Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:26:08 -0700
Sandee,

Tonight, we said goodbye to one of our oldest ferrets, and the last of
our original group.  Sophie seemed to develop symptoms rather quickly,
or at least she didn't show them until last week.  She had Lymphoma, and
was having difficulty breathing.  Dr. Katie said that at her age, and the
advanced stage of the disease, there wasn't much we could do for our old
girl.

Dr. Katie invited us over to her house, to give Sophie the rest she
deserved.  After a few minutes visiting, and telling Sophie about the
Rainbow Bridge, Dr. Katie gave her the shot.

Sophie was always the Matriarch of our household of ferrets.  When a new
fert came into the house, Sophie always let the newcomer know the rules.
She would chase them out of the choice hidey holes, chase them away from
her prized toys, and generally put them into their place until they
earned the right to live with her.

Once she felt the newcomers had earned their place in the house, Sophie
was their best friend.

Sophie leaves us at almost 9 years of age.  She had a broken leg when she
was young, lost her brother Oliver 4 years ago, had Adrenal Disease, and
lastly Lymphoma.  After a life that would have been rough for several
ferrets, our little lady is now at rest...and I already miss her.

Sandee, help Sophie find her brother Oliver, Seth, Gabby, Fiona, Maggie,
Linus, Leo, Mr. Wiggles, Burton and the others.  She will be dragging a
box of small "Milk Bone" dog biscuits, as they were the only treats her
and Oliver would eat.  I know Oliver will appreciate them!

I sent her with a bunch of kisses to pass out, so it may take a while.
Tell everyone that we miss them and still think of them all the
time...and still love them.

Sophie
10-8-96 to 04-12-05

Ferret Rescue of Maine
A State licensed, 501c3 Non-profit shelter.
Donate to shelter ferrets by clicking
igive.com/from