From:
Donald Rull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:55:29 EST
Hi everyone!

This is Don Rull and I run the Dook Dook Ferret Shelter and Rescue in
Jacksonville, FL.  I was searching the web for information on the
Ferretonin implants and was able to find only limited information.  I
would like to ask some questions of the group.  Please reply directly
to me if you have any feedback!

The people at Melatek say the implants should be used every 4 months.
Does anyone have experience to support this?  I have heard that some go
every 6 months.

Is anyone aware of shelter discounts for the implants?  Or alternatively
branded products?

Do any shelter self inject them or have it done solely at your vet?

Also, does anyone happen to know of any sources for pure melatonin
powder for compounding?  I have been told it can be procured fairly
inexpensively, but have not yet found a source.

Thank you in advance!

Don Rull
Dook Dook Ferret Shelter and Rescue