From:
Blaine and Kendra Barody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 00:24:24 -0600
My husband and I were fostering at the time, since then we adopted them,
two youngsters 6 months and 8 months of age.  The boy, Max, is the
biggest ferret we've had weighing in at 4 lbs.  He was quite the biter
when he came to us and drew blood on us both the first couple days.  You
see this little guy was obviously never held or taught different, as
anytime you went to touch him he would turn around and bite at your hand.
However these were not the painful bites.  The painful bites came when
you picked him up and he would latch, and I mean latch onto your nose.
Yep we have two nostrils and just far enough apart for one canine tooth
for each.  I had to pry his mouth apart to release my nose.  I walked
around with puncture wounds on my nose for a week.  We discovered his
biting is out of excitement but now as soon as he figures out you are not
the dog or another ferret he stops himself before he bites down.  He is
even learning to allow himself to be loved.  Since after the first week
he will seek me out for hugs and kisses when he first wakes.

I have to admit as much as that hurt it didn't hurt near as much as when
I slammed my finger in the truck door at work a while ago.

Vicki I haven't paid much attention lately to whets going on but I agree
that people shouldn't quit because someone needs to be mean to justify
their existence on this earth.  Remember "Empty barrels make the most
noise!!" A nd I not only believe in pet communicators but I myself do
communicate with animals and have helped many a friend and ourselves with
behaviour problems with our fur children.

I look forward to hearing more stories on worst bites.

Kendra Barody