Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:06:30 -0400
From:
Ann Haager <[log in to unmask]>
I just wanted to put in a few words about how my gang is doing.  For
those of you who don't know about our gang, they have their own room.
They used to have two cages connected to make one huge cage, but we
decided to take it out, so they don't have a cage at all in there now.
They are spoiled rotten ^.^ by me, I know...they have toys and boxes and
such EVERYWHERE...except the closet.  We usually used it for storage (for
bedding, un-used toys, carriers etc) but we really haven't been using
much of the closet lately because it was always a chore just to get in
and out and keep the ferts out at the same time.  So we started using a
foot locker for towels and such.  So anyway.  I decided to sweep the
closet out and let the ferts play a little in there since there wasn't
anything on the floor.  And I got this cute notion...why not ferret
proof the closet and let them have that too?  So I did.  This closet is
twice the size of a regular closet (not walk-in but double the width so
it has two doors).  I left one door open and the other closed.  ALL of
my gang slept in there behind the closed door the ENTIRE day the first
day.  They NEVER sleep all 10 in one place at one time...until that day.
Since then, they are usually all in there sleeping when we go in there.
I decided to do this maybe 2 weeks ago and today was the first day I
actually found someone sleeping in the hammock outside of the closet.
They've started stashing their toys in there as well as themselves ^.^
I think it's just so adorable.  Of course, if you've ever given a box to
your ferts and didn't cut off the top, you know how smelly it can get in
an enclosed space where ferts sleep all the time.  So each day I open the
second door and air out the closet ^.^  That's their major play time
because they all come out and dook and dance because something changed.
Normally the other play times are just a few ferts at a time.

Hope that gave you a little smile or laugh.  I'll try to get some
pictures and post them on my page for you to see.

In Christ,
Ann Haager
Lupi, Dewey, *Xanth*, *Pixie*, Rainbow, Skittles, Calix, Pearl, Snap,
Oreo, Gandalf, Samweis (ferts)
Shadow & Onyx (dogs)
Zoe (cat)