From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 12:19:14 -0400
It seems Robert is settling in and getting necessary traiing in short
order in his space away form home!

Robert was able to spend a day in VT with the ferrets about 10 days
before shipping out!  I have included his updated mailing address in case
anyone would like to send along a cheery message during the long months
ahead.  We will be keeping you up to date on the health of his four elder
ferrets in care at Ferret Wise.

Thanks!

Alicia
                 ---------------------------------

Hey everybody !!!!!!!  Hello again.  Especially Brittany & Robbie
!!!!!XOXOXOXOXOX.  I've got what you were lookin' for..........My
address.  So here it is:

  SPC Robert Lincoln Lynch
  HHC 1/172 Armor BN 2 BCT   28 ID
  APO   AE  09362-9997.

This is my address for our FOB.  so give it a week or so before you
send out any mail, OK.  good.

OK, today we got up at 0200 hrs (2:00 am) and went for weapons qual.
small arms mainly.  needless to say we did'nt get back until after noon.
The wind was showing some of California's best sand storm.  Gosh, the
weapons were so full of dirt it wasn't funny.  some did not like to fire.
Erik showed up, kool.  talk about a good surprise.  He actually found
me first.  saw a couple of other people also which was a good surprise
also.  Hopefully I will be able to see more of them as time goes by.
still waiting to here from Fitzy.  He has'nt wrote in a while.  Hopefully
things are ok with him.  So things are pretty good here still, its been
only a day since I wrote last, but since we were given our addresses, I
figure a second time was warranted.  I have a partial list of things to
send: Baby wipes are still must, powdered gatorade is also great.  it
makes more for less so to speak, of course beef jerky and anything that
will keep us oriented on why we are here.  support type, like the USO
packs we got when we left.  they had everything from baby wipes to
playing cards to candy to well you know.  the little things.  you can be
creative.  I would be happy to distribute some things to my buddy's also.
It definately gives us a sense of awareness being here.  More than what I
thought it would be.  Phone cards are no good here, I will let you know
when I get to my final destination on how they do it.

Well, I won't bore you anymore.  Its about an 8 hr difference here.  so
if its noon there its 2000 hrs (8:00 pm) here ok.  8 hrs ahead of you.
I'll try to send pictures, the land is even more flat here than
California.  Real flat.  Real sandy...........if you get my drift.......
drift... get it ......haha.  OK.  well anyway.  I love you all.  kids be
good.  Ma give the other kids a kiss for me, and Randy & Cindy... give
the other kids a kiss for me too, K.  I'll talk to ya later Oh and Brit,
I have the flag you gave me hanging over my cot.  I will hopefully send
a picture if I can.  OK Bye,Bye.

Bert

SPC Robert Lincoln Lynch
HHC 1/172 Armor BN  2 BCT, 28 ID