Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:57:28 -0400
Like everyone else I was not going to comment any further on the subject
but with some of the things that have been put forth I do have to
comment.

I am one of the people that does post on the FML for fundraising for many
different shelters and the large fundraising events for shelters needing
emergency help so I feel some comments have to be answered.

1. The yahoo groups for fundraising, you have to join the group to begin
with and a lot of people are not interested in joining a group just to
read about people who need money, it is a target audience.  Like it or
not the people who started the groups post here on the FML for thier
fundraising because the group listings do not bring in the needed funds.

2. Having the fundraising posts at the end of the FML, Bill does a great
job at keeping the list postings grouped and other than the emergency
help needed posts most of the time you will find the fundraising at the
end of the list.

3. I have no objection to starting the post stating that it is an ad for
fundraising as long as everyone posting for fundraising does the same.

4. Limiting the amount of posting, I myself try to do this as best that
I can but as it has been said if it is an e-bay post you have a limited
time to promote it.

5. Posting other than fundraising, great idea but also remember that
Bill is also only one person and he has to proof read all of the posts
and has limited time to do this and get the FML list out on time.  (and
how he gets this done boggles my mind)

6. Changing times, I have not been on the list from the begining, but I
have been here since the kids have ownned me, in the beggining I rarely
posted I just read and learned from the posts.  But I have gone and
searched the arcives many times looking for information from past posts
and there is a big difference in the FML today from the past both good
and bad.

7. Off list replies, most of the time if a question is asked on the list
I will reply directly to the poster off list hopeing that this will also
cut down on Bills work and it is eaiser if you need to e-mail back and
forth.

8. Bills comment on excessive signatures on your posts, he does a great
job with this also, signature links from the shelters,IFC,SOS are a very
important part of thier posts as a way for people to find information on
thier sites.  Also a link by posters for thier personal ferret sites
might be of intrest also.

Just to finish up there are many other lists out there but the FML is
still number 1 for most ferret people, shelters depend on our help like
it or not to exsist many have come and gone but without them there would
be many more homeless and sick ferrets dumped on the streets to fend for
themselves.  As I stated before if you do not want to read the help
needed posts skip over them, if you feel that you can help in any way
read them every dollar counts in helping the kids enjoy the life that
they deserve.

Harry
(kwflatbed)
let people know that